You may recognise this beauty from a few TV commercials here and there, but when it comes to prime time television and the South African film Industry, actress Mishqah Parthiephal is fast becoming a household name.
For those of you who don’t know, Mishqah first graced our small screens as the role of Vania in the popular soapie, Skeem Saam and as Kris Laurenson in the 2014 SABC youth drama series, Snake Park. And that’s not all.
Mishqah’s film debut came from the 2010 epic, White Gold, which told the story of how Indians came to South Africa. Then, in 2016, Mishqah starred in the short film, Paraya, which premiered at last year’s Cannes FIlm Festival, and she most recently landed a leading role in the international hit comedy, Keeping Up With The Kandasamys.
So it’s no surprise we wanted to learn more about the rising star, who we say might just be the next Priyanka Chopra.
We chatted to Mishqah, and found out 10 things people might not know about her:
- I am born and raised in Durban, actually Verulam, just north of Durban.
- I love all desserts. Cupcakes, lemon Meringue, cheesecake, you name it!
- I love to hike and do outdoor activities.
- I love extreme and adventure sports.
- Anne Hathaway is my least favourite actress.
- I have a Boerboel named Muffin.
- I have a degree in Drama and Performance and Media and Communications.
- I love putting on weird accents randomly, especially when I talk to strangers.
- I’ve got freckles on my nose.
- I have a scar on the right side of my face. I’ve had it since I was three and it never went away. I didn’t have any stitches, which is why the scar is so straight.
With such an impressive track record, it’s clear that Mishqah is making all the right moves and we can’t wait to see what’s next in store for her.
*Images from Instagram and supplied